If you’re an ahm member with hospital cover in NSW or ACT, your Ambulance services are funded by an ‘Ambulance levy’ on your premium.
You may be entitled to an exemption from paying the Ambulance Levy if you are a NSW or ACT resident and all members on your policy hold one (or more) of the eligible Commonwealth concession cards below:
- Health Care Concession Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Pharmaceutical Benefits Concession Card
- Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) Card - Gold Card and White Card
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card
- Ex-Carer Allowance (Child) Health Care Card
- Foster Child Health Care Card
- Low Income Health Care Card
Please Note: Card types vary between NSW and ACT. Refer to ACT and NSW Ambulance websites for more information
How do I apply for the exemption?
- Please email a scan or photo of the concession card (including the expiry date) for all members on the policy to firstname.lastname@example.org and put your member number in the subject line.
- We need to have valid concession card details for you to continue receiving the exemption, so we’ll get in touch when your cards about to expire and request your new card details.
For help or more information about applying for an exemption, live chat with us or call
134 246 weekdays, 8am – 7pm (AEST/AEDT)