Please copy and paste the below into an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
[your membership number] – Extended Financial Hardship Policy Suspension
Application for an additional Financial Hardship Policy Suspension
We’re sorry to hear that you’re still doing it tough right now.
Please provide the following details so we can assist you.
Full name of principal member*:
Date of birth*:
Preferred daytime contact number*:
Please attach one of the following forms of supporting documentation. Attachments must be in PDF or JPEG format and not exceed 10MB in size. Documents must be attached to the email (drag and drop files will not appear).
- Document from Centrelink confirming one of the following: JobSeeker payment, Austudy/Abstudy, Youth Allowance, Sickness Allowance and Parenting Payment
- Documentation from employer confirming JobKeeper payment
- Payslips confirming reduced income/working hours
- Letter from employer confirming you have been stood down
- Statutory declaration which declares that you’re suffering from financial hardship due to COVID-19.
By submitting this application, you acknowledge that:
- You’re suffering financial hardship as a result of the impacts of COVID-19
- Benefits will not be payable for any services received during the 3-month suspension
- You’re aware that waiting periods don’t accumulate during the suspension period
- Suspending your cover may mean you’re subject to the Medicare Levy Surcharge for the time of your suspension
- All information supplied by you in connection with this form is true and correct
Leave it with us. If eligible, your application will be processed in the next 15 business days. If you do not hear from us after this, please call or contact us on chat.
We’ve got answers and are here to support you. Contact us on 134 246 or via chat at ahm.com.au weekdays from 8am - 7pm (AEST/AEDT).