This means a partner on a policy can do most of the things that the Principal Member can. Partner authorisation happens automatically when you join couples or family cover, this means partners listed on your cover will automatically have partner authorisation.
Unless we’re told otherwise, an authorised partner can:
- make claims
- change contact details
- add or remove dependants on the cover
- suspend or reactivate the membership
- change payment details or methods
- change cover or payment details.
An authorised partner cannot remove the Principal Member from the membership, or cancel the membership. For more info, see our member guide.
Changing Partner Authorisation online
The fastest and easiest way is:
- Log in and click on your name at the top right and select ‘My account’
- Click on ‘Change’ next to Partner authorisation in the Security section.
- Tick or untick the box next to ‘Allow my partner to manage cover’ and save.
If you prefer, you can contact us and we’ll change it for you.