Some state governments have their own Ambulance schemes in place. If you live in NSW or the ACT, your hospital cover includes a levy to the ambulance service
Pensioners/Concession Card holders are exempt from this levy – so if you hold any of the following cards you’re entitled to a lower health insurance premium:
- Health Care Concession Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Pharmaceutical Benefits Concession Card
- Department of Veteran's Affairs (DVA) concession card
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card (NSW only)
- Ex Carer Allowance (Child) Health Care Card
- Foster Child Health Care Card
- Low Income Health Care Card
To be eligible for the lower premium, every person on your cover must be listed on the concession card.
It's important to let us know your new concession card details when it expires, as well as any changes to your concession eligibility as this may affect your entitlement to the exemption.
If you live in TAS or QLD, you're already covered by your State's scheme. However, we do meet the costs for any interstate ambulance not covered by the State scheme.
Note: Your Daily Charge and/or Excess doesn't apply to Ambulance claims and we don't pay benefits towards Ambulance subscriptions.
NSW and ACT Ambulance-only cover
How do I apply for the exemption?
- Please email a scan or photo of the concession card (including the expiry date) for all members on the policy to firstname.lastname@example.org and put your member number in the subject line.
- We need to have valid concession card details for you to continue receiving the exemption, so we’ll get in touch when your cards about to expire and request your new card details.
For help or more information about applying for an exemption, live chat with us or call
134 246 weekdays, 8am – 7pm (AEST/AEDT)