Some state governments have their own Ambulance schemes in place. If you live in NSW or the ACT, your hospital cover includes a levy to the ambulance service
Pensioners/Concession Card holders are exempt from this levy – so if you hold any of the following cards you’re entitled to a lower health insurance premium:
- Health Care Concession Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Pharmaceutical Benefits Concession Card
- Department of Veteran's Affairs (DVA) concession card
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card (NSW only)
- Ex Carer Allowance (Child) Health Care Card
- Foster Child Health Care Card
- Low Income Health Care Card
To be eligible for the lower premium, every person on your cover must be listed on the concession card.
It's important to let us know your new concession card details when it expires, as well as any changes to your concession eligibility as this may affect your entitlement to the exemption.
If you live in TAS or QLD, you're already covered by your State's scheme. However, we do meet the costs for any interstate ambulance not covered by the State scheme.
Note: Your Daily Charge and/or Excess doesn't apply to Ambulance claims and we don't pay benefits towards Ambulance subscriptions.
NSW and ACT Ambulance-only cover