To make your claim as smooth as possible, we need the answers to these questions from your doctor or hospital.
1. What are all the specific MBS item numbers for my procedure?
2. Will my doctor/surgeon be participating in GapCover for each claim forming part of my treatment?
3. Will other specialists involved in my treatment, eg assistant surgeon or anaesthetist, participate in GapCover for each claim forming part of my treatment?
Tip: Your surgeon can provide their contact details so you can check directly with them.
4. Which hospital will I be treated in? Is the hospital public or private?
If you have chosen a non-partner private hospital we’ll only pay a limited benefit and you may be significantly out-of-pocket. Call us to discuss this on 134 246 weekdays, 8am – 7pm (AEST/AEDT)
5. Can I get a full written breakdown of fees for my treatment from each treating doctor or specialist?
This is called your Informed Financial Consent. It's your right to know how much your in-hospital treatment will cost BEFORE you get admitted. For more information, read our Informed Financial Consent guide.
6. If I need prosthesis, what out-of-pocket expenses could there be?
7. If I need radiology or pathology, what out-of-pocket expenses could there be?
Print this page off below to take to your next appointment.
When you've got these answers ready to go, get back in touch with us to prepare your claim.
For more information, it's best to read our Going to hospital guide.
If you need help with any of this, live chat with us or call 134 246 weekdays, 8am - 7pm (AEST/AEDT)