Before you go to hospital or day surgery, check out our Going to Hospital guide and complete a hospital cover check to check the following:
- Am I covered for this procedure or treatment?
- Will I need to pay an excess or daily charge (co-payment)?
- Have I served all my relevant waiting periods?
- Has my specialist previously participated in GapCover?
- Is my hospital a partner hospital? If not, will this affect my hospital bills?
- What out-of-pocket expenses might there be?
- Will I need to pay for some or all of my hospital accomodation?
- Does my hospital cover help with after-hospital care like physiotherapy?