At your recognised provider
Simply present your ahm member card after your appointment and the claim benefit will be processed electronically on-the-spot if your recognised provider has a HICAPS machine. You’ll only need to pay the difference between the total amount charged by your recognised provider and any benefit we pay.
The amount you'll have to pay will depend on your level of cover, limits and waiting periods. If you’ve reached the limit for that service, you’ll have to pay the full amount.
- Log in at members.ahm.com.au and go to ‘Claims’. Make sure you have your receipt with you.
- Select the service you want to claim for from the list and select 'Start claim'
- Enter the provider name or number, who went, the date of the service, item number and the amount paid.
For a step-by-step guide see How to make an extras claim online
- You need to enter each item number separately with the corresponding cost.
- You’ll be shown what benefit you’ll get for each item.
- Any benefits will be paid into your nominated bank account in 2 to 5 business days.
- You'll need to keep original receipts for 3 years for audit purposes.
- Log in to the ahm mobile app and go to the ‘Claims’ tab. Make sure you have your receipt with you.
- Select ‘Start claim’. If you haven’t used the ahm mobile app for over 10 minutes, you may need to re-authenticate with either your password or Touch ID/Face ID.
- If there is more than one person on your policy, you’ll need to select who received the service.
- Enter the service, provider name or number and claim details including the date of the service, item number and amount paid.
- You'll be shown what benefit you'll get for each item.
- Not all extras services are claimable via the ahm mobile app.
- You can only claim for one item at a time. If you want to claim multiple items, we recommend you login at members.ahm.com.au.
- For successful claims, any benefits will be paid into your nominated bank account in 2 to 5 business days.
- You’ll need to keep original receipts for 3 years for audit purposes.
Please note: You can't claim for services that were received more than two years ago.