If you are a private pathology or diagnostic imaging provider, a private hospital or a Medical Billing Agent who represents providers of pathology and radiology services you can register to claim under the MPPA Billing Channel.
Advantages of the MPPA Billing Channel for private practices:
- Claiming is easy as you send one account directly to us
- You can claim electronically via Eclipse which is fast and efficient and helps streamline your billing process
- You receive one full payment that includes both Medicare and health fund benefits
- Benefits are paid directly into your bank account via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- You can choose to participate on a patient by patient basis
- You are free to charge out-of-pocket costs to members so long as you obtain their informed financial consent before treatment or as soon as practicable after treatment
For everything you need to know about claiming under the MPPA Billing Channel, view our MPPA Billing Channel guide for Private Pathology and Diagnostic Imaging providers. This document also includes our terms and conditions which apply when you participate in the MPPA Billing Channel.
For public hospitals we offer a MPPA no gap arrangement for in-hospital medical services, including pathology and diagnostic imaging services for privately admitted patients.