You can claim for most extras online by hitting the ‘Claims’ section once you’ve logged in to your account.
Before you start: Make sure you have your receipt from your health provider handy. You don’t need to upload the receipt, but please hold onto receipts for 3 years just incase we need it for auditing purposes.
Here’s how you can claim online
- Log in to your account and go to ‘Claims’
- In the ‘Make an extras claim’ section, select the service you want to claim from the list and select 'Start claim’
- Enter the provider’s name or provider number and check the state is correct
Hint: If your searching by name try only using their initial of their first name e.g. D Howser instead of Douglas Houser. More searching tips
- If there are multiple people listed on your cover, select the member who went from the list
- Select the date of service
- Select the item from the list
- Enter the item cost then tab or click out of the field. You’ll then be shown the benefit back you’ll get for your item. Got more than one service listed on your receipt? Hit ‘Add another item’ to add another row.
- Confirm your paying into account details. To change these details before you submit, select ‘Change’.
- Tick the declaration and submit your claim
- All done! Rinse and repeat as required.
Got a different message to the above? See claims submitted as ‘Assessing’
Handy claiming tips and info
Not finding the provider you saw for your claim? Try these tips.
- Find the provider number: Every health provider has a unique number to identify them as a register medical health practitioner in Australia. This is usually on the receipt from the provider next to their name and contact or clinic details. If this isn’t on your receipt then contact your provider.
- Search by name using an initial for their first name and entering their full surname e.g. ‘Dr J Smith’. Sometimes provider records don’t have the full first name included which is why it won’t show up in the search list.
Still can’t see your provider in the list? This may be because they have asked us to be removed or are not an ahm recognised provider. Please contact us so we can assist.
Only required for dental claims, this is a 3 digit number for a service provided by a dentist. If you are doing a dental claim then the item numbers for the services you paid for are on your receipt next to the description/name of the service e.g. 114 is for Scale and clean.
The main reason this has occurred is because we are waiting for your transfer certificate from your previous health insurer. This include information on waiting periods you have already served with your old fund for services you have on your ahm cover – simply put so you don’t have to wait again.
Transfer certificates usually take around 14 - 20 days from the date you joined us. Once we’ve received and processed your transfer certificate your claims will be automatically paid and you’ll get an SMS letting you know.