We supported members with a range of programs and services to support them through the pandemic. We’ve:
- postponed any premium increases for 6 months.
- launched a financial hardship program to help members doing it tough.
- rolled over any unused extras annual limits to eligible members to provide more time to use them.
- given members with hospital and package covers access to Medibank’s 24/7 Mental Health Support lines.
- started paying benefits towards some telehealth consultations for members with eligible extras or package covers, subject to waiting periods and annual limits. We’ve now made this available to eligible members, permanently.
- given members with hospital and package covers temporary access to the Medibank 24/7 Nurse Line.
- provided members with eligible hospital and package covers temporary access to the COVID-19 Health Assist services.
- temporarily expanded our hospital and package covers so that regardless of your level of cover, we’ll pay benefits towards heart, kidney, lung and chest hospital admissions, including those related to COVID-19, waiting periods apply.
- temporarily provided eligible members with access to Rehab in the home options, including Hip & knee replacement rehab in the home, Reconditioning rehab in the home and Hospital in the home services.