Health Improvement Benefits are certain preventative health
products and services you may be able to claim for.
Depending on your level of cover these include:
• Quit smoking courses and replacement therapy, such as patches, gum, lozenges and inhalers
• Disease management association fees
• Cancer Council UV products (sunscreen, swimwear, hats and sunglasses)
• Stress management courses
• Preventative tests, scans and screenings
• Health checks
• Weight loss classes and courses
• Stress management courses*
• Swimming lessons for children 0-17 years*
*Under the Private Health Insurance Act, we can only pay benefits for exercise classes, weight loss classes and swimming lessons to assist with the management and treatment of already identified health conditions.
To claim these services, you’ll need to download the Health Improvement Benefit approval form, and ask your Health Provider to complete it. Once that's done you can send it back to us with your receipts to make a claim.