Health Improvement Benefits are certain products and services that you may be able to claim on, depending on your level of cover. These include:
- Quit smoking courses and replacement therapy such as patches, gym, lozenges, inhalers
- Disease management association fees
- Cancer Council UV products (sunscreen, swimwear, hats and sunglasses)
- Weight loss classes and course Stress management courses
- Preventative tests, scans and screenings
- Health checks
- Exercise classes, such as yoga, Pilates, personal training
- Gym membership
- Swimming lessons for children 0-17 years.
To claim a Health Improvement Benefit, the service or product has to be part of a health management plan recommended by your GP or a recognised health care provider. It also has to be for a condition that was identified before you started the service.
To make a claim on any of these services download a copy of the Health Improvement Benefit approval form, and take it to your medical practitioner to complete.
Health improvement benefits is available on: