First off, if you’re a Tas or Qld resident. Your Ambulance services are covered by your state schemes — for everybody else, ahm have made Ambulance cover simple:
ahm Unlimited Emergency Ambulance cover is Australia-wide and
is Included on all ahm extras products after a 1 day waiting period.
Emergency Ambulance means:
We’ll pay a benefit when there is a sudden or unexpected need for hospitalisation where the only practical way of getting to hospital is by an approved road, sea or air Ambulance. We also pay towards attendance fees where transportation is not required.
Note: We don’t pay benefits for Ambulance subscriptions or for other Ambulance services such as:
- Transfers between hospitals.
- Travelling from home to hospital for tests.
- Transport on discharge from hospital (e.g. hospital to home).
ahm Medically Necessary Ambulance cover is Australia-wide and
is Included on all ahm hospital and package products after a 1 day waiting period.
Medically Necessary Ambulance means:
Transport to the nearest hospital provided by an ahm approved road, sea or air Ambulance provider that’s able to provide the level of care you need. Some ahm products limit the number of Ambulance services we’ll pay benefits towards per financial year. Check your product information to see if any limits apply. Your Daily Charge and/or Excess doesn't apply to Ambulance claims.
Note: We don't pay benefits for Ambulance Subscriptions or for other Ambulance services that are not Medically Necessary such as:
- Ambulance transportation where the member is treated at the scene but then not formally admitted to the hospital for further treatment (e.g. transport to/from hospital for tests).
- Ambulance costs that are fully covered by a state or third party arrangement such as for residents of Tas or Qld, WorkCover or the Transport Accident Commission.
- Any air Ambulance services that are fully subsidised.
NSW and ACT Ambulance-only cover
To make an Ambulance claim
Email your invoice with your ahm member number in the subject line to us at firstname.lastname@example.org