We offer different levels of ambulance cover across our products. There is a 1 day waiting period for emergency ambulance transport and treatment.
Included on all our extras products
You’re covered for emergency transportation or attendance only. This means where you need immediate professional attention and your medical condition is such that the only practical way of getting to a hospital is by ambulance.
Emergency ambulance on our extras only products doesn’t pay benefits for ambulance subscriptions or the following non-essential ambulance transportation:
- ambulance services where immediate professional attention is not required (general patient transportation);
- ambulance transfer between a public and private hospital;
- ambulance transport for changing hospitals to be closer to home;
- ambulance transport for travelling from home to hospital for tests;
- any ambulance costs that are fully covered by a third party arrangement such as a federal/state/territory ambulance transportation scheme, WorkCover or the Transport Accident Commission. This includes Tasmania and Queensland residents who are covered by state schemes.
Included on our hospital products
If you have hospital cover, including a hospital and extras package, you’re covered for all medically necessary ambulance transportation.
This includes transport to the nearest hospital that's able to provide the level of care you need. Some covers limit the number of ambulance services we'll pay benefits towards per financial year. Check your product guide to see if any limits apply to your cover.
Ambulance only cover
If you live in NSW or ACT you can also get our stand-alone Ambulance only cover which covers all medically necessary ambulance transportation. To get Ambulance only cover please complete an Ambulance cover application form (pdf) and send back to [email protected]